Minor changes in the home can benefit the environment, and making your home green is easy when you follow a few tips. These tips can lower your energy cost over time.
To make your home green, consider replacing the old appliances with energy-efficient appliances. An appliance that does not carry the energy saving logo will use more energy to operate.
A home can become green and energy-efficient by simply reducing the amount of energy used to heat and cool the home. The thermostat can be turned Read the rest of this entry »
While there are many ways to begin living a more eco-friendly lifestyle, like switching to a green electricity provider (visit http://www.ElectricityCompaniesTexas.com/ to learn more), you’ll find that even taking simple steps like buying food in bulk can have a positive impact on the sustainability of the environment. Take a look at these 12 tips for a greener lifestyle:
1) Recycle your waste instead of throwing it in the trash can.
2) Hang your clothes out to dry instead of using a dryer.
3) Turn off and unplug electric appliances when you’re not using them.
4) Avoid using gas unnecessarily; use public transportation or ride your bike when possible.
5) Use ENERGY STAR approved compact fluorescent light bulbs.
6) Use biodegradable pots for your home and garden.
7) Use hot water and vinegar instead of traditional cleaning products.
To get the best gas mileage, make sure your vehicle’s tires have the optimal amount of air pressure.
9) Consider getting rid of your desktop computers and using a laptop instead. On average, a laptop uses just a quarter of the power required by a desktop.
10) Use a thermostat that allows you to automatically lower the temperature in your home when nobody is there. According to ENERGY STAR, this device can save you up to 150 a year on your heating and air bill.
11) To help conserve energy while cooking, always boil on a lower flame.
12) Avoid using plastic bags excessively. Try to get in the habit of reusing them.
By implementing even a few of these tips into your daily routine, you can help contribute to a greener planet.
Natural resources that are proven to be harmless to the Earth by means of zero pollution are considered types of green energy. These energy sources include solar energy, geothermal energy, and wind energy to name a few.
Solar energy is derived from capturing radiant light and heat from the sun. After the energy crisis of 1973, the use of solar energy gained in popularity. Although solar energy has been used for a very long time, it is still considered to be expensive when producing solar panels. This form of green Read the rest of this entry »
Much has been written about the topic of “green energy” and most are quite familiar with the term. However, they might not be completely aware of what it refers to and how such energy can be beneficial to them. Honestly, the concept of green energy is really not a difficult one to grasp at all.
On the most basic of definitions, green energy refers to any source of energy which is not derived from fossil fuels such as oil or coal. Green energy is renewable which Read the rest of this entry »
Many homeowners are going green to save money and protect their environment. There are a variety of ways we can accomplish this goal in our own homes. Here are some tips that will help you get on the going green bandwagon.
Water is one of our most precious natural resources and most of us waste a great deal each day. Just leaving the water running while brushing your teeth can waste as much as five gallons of water. Examine your home for leaking shower heads and dripping faucets to save water. Teach Read the rest of this entry »
There are so many easy ways to start being more â€œGreenâ€ in your day to day life. For instance, instead of paper or plastic at the grocer, uses reusable cloth bags. The ones we use hold more, and are more sturdy, making it a plus! If you have a garden, try composting for a more healthy, pesticide- free fruits and vegetables. . Just the other day instead of buying the scouring pads and sponges that were on my list, I got recycled sponges with Read the rest of this entry »
Energy costs are on the rise, causing homeowners to search for ways to reduce energy usage. There are a variety of ways we can use green energy to decrease energy consumption each month, which will help us reduce our energy usage and lower our electric bills.
One way to lower heating and cooling costs in your home, is to install a cool roof. These types of roofs use materials that reflect more light and absorb less heat than traditional roofing materials. Cool roofs are usually made from light reflective paint, shingles or tiles. Installing Read the rest of this entry »